Bullying, No Way
St Benedict’s Primary School takes bullying very seriously and has a clear policy for dealing with such behaviour. We take a proactive approach to preventing bullying with strategies such as:
- building strong, caring relationships across year levels with a buddy program and mixed year level groupings where appropriate.
- recognising, teaching and acknowledging positive social interactions.
- creating explicit and positive behaviour expectations in the classroom and playground.
- teaching skills of resiliency.
- developing strong communication between school and home.
- developing healthy teacher-student relationships.
No matter how good our policies and procedures, curriculum and classroom behaviour strategies, bullying and harassment occur to some degree in all schools. At St Benedict's we seek to enlist the cooperation of all members of the community to prevent and report any signs or incidents of bullying. Please contact the classroom teacher or Principal.
- Bullying No Way! Website
- Fast Facts: Bullying in Schools
- What bullying isn't, and what to do when it happens
- Bully-proofing your kids
- Keeping kids safe in a Cyberworld