We have perfect weather on the way for Friday afternoon! The students are excited for what will be a fun afternoon to raise money for new IT equipment!
Please make sure that you get your notes in for your colour run packs as soon as possible. Just a few things to note for the day:
- Students are asked to wear their old clothes and white t-shirt (if they
Sausage sizzle will be served for all students and volunteers from 12.30pm on Friday (sausages can be purchased on the day for $2.50)
- Warm up for the event will take place at around 1pm
- Walkathon and Colour Splash and Dash will start at 1.30pm
- THE SCHOOL WILL BE LOCKED FROM 1.15pm
- For children with fair hair, coconut oil and hair spray will be available for their hair.
Alternatively, they may like to wear a shower cap.
- Please bring a change of clothes or towel for your child – especially if they’re catching a bus!
- BBQ will be fired up for pickup at 3pm, so please stay and have afternoon tea and a catch up. Drinks and treats will also be sold at this time.
- Prizes will be awarded to the student who raises the most money and for the class who raises the most money, children will also receive one raffle ticket for each $10 raised for the chance to win a fun hamper!
We look forward to seeing you all on the day!
When: Thursday 19th September
Time: 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Why: To help celebrate your childs learning, reflect on their Term 3 goals and help them set their Term 4 goals.
So please come and visit your child's classroom and share their learning journey so far this year!
On Wednesday 25th September our amazing students will be presenting the "Wonderful World of Disney". All students will need to be dropped off at the Year 5/6 classroom by 6pm for the 6.30pm start.
This week our Confirmation candidates attended Reconciliation with Fr Dan and Fr Rem. They are all very excited for this Sunday and have demonstrated great maturity in being open to receiving the Holy Spirit in their lives. We continue to pray for these students as the Spirit is revealed and lit within them. Please keep these children in your prayers. All are welcome to join our school and parish community for this special celebration.
A reminder that all Confirmation candidates are to arrive at the Parish Centre with their sponsors no later than 8.30am Sunday (wearing their stole). Families are invited to bring a plate of food to share at morning tea if they wish. Thank you.
Date & time
Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation
Sunday 22nd September 9am Mass followed by celebration in the Parish Centre
St Benedict’s Church and Parish Centre
Candidates and their families and guests
Thank you for the gift of our children.
May your Holy Spirit help them to grow
in faith, hope, and love,
so they may know peace, truth, and goodness.
May their ears hear your voice.
May their eyes see your presence in all things.
May their lips proclaim your word.
May their hearts be your dwelling place.
May their hands do works of charity.
May their feet walk in the way of Jesus Christ,
your Son and our Lord.
Year 5/6 Class Parish Mass
Thank you to those who joined us in celebrating school-parish Mass on the weekend. The parishioners were delighted to have the presence of our school families.
Year 3/4 Mountain View
Tomorrow (Thursday) all Year 3/4 students will be participating in a Healing Liturgy with Father Dan and the members of our community at the Mountain View Aged Care Centre. We ask that you keep these students in your prayers as they nurture community spirit through their presence and participation in this special prayer celebration.
The St Benedict’s Parish Pastoral Council are looking for a team of volunteers to organise, set up and lead the Parish Family Christmas Mass on Christmas Eve (in the school hall). This vibrant family celebration has become a wonderful tradition in our parish. If you are able to assist or would like more information, please contact the Parish Office. Daniel.Benedetti@cg.org.au (02) 6295 7879
Mini Vinnies need your help!
Mini Vinnies have been busy packing hygiene packs for the St Vincent de Paul Night Patrol and they are officially out of toiletries. If you have any hotel toiletries or would like to purchase travel toiletries please donate these to the Hygiene Donation Station in the Front Office hallway. Toiletries that the St Vincent de Paul Night Patrol needs are: soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, tissues, hand sanitiser, mouth wash, toothpaste, sunscreen, moisturiser, combs, hair brushes, tooth brushes, sanitary products and lip balm.
Your donations are greatly appreciated!
Community Meals Program
The Community Meals freezer is one way we can assist families who are experiencing hardship. If you are able to cook a meal, please use disposable containers and label there with ingredients and date. All meal donations can be brought to the Front Office. If your family requires temporary meal assistance, you can speak in confidence to any of our staff members.
19 Sep Year 3/4 Mountain View visit
20 Sep Colour Run Day
(BBQ - 12.30, Colour Run 1.30)
22 Sep Sacrament of Confirmation, Mass, 9.00am
25 Sep School Performance, 6pm
27 Sep Mindfulness Day
27 Sep Last day of Term 3
27 Sep 5 Ways of Being Award Ceremony, 2.30pm
14 Oct First day of Term 4 - normal School Uniform
- School Performance - Kindergarten
- Year 4 Overnight Excursion - Due 24th September
- Colour Splash & Dash - Information about Friday
- Canteen Tuck Day - Due Monday 23rd September
Linda de Salis
Defence School Mentor
Kindergarten: Lydia P, Selina H & Savannah L
Year 1/2G: Bryce T, Geordie B & Trinity M
Year 3/4B: Ria C, Zack W, Rafael K and Daria F
Year 3/4G: Finn W & Grace R
Year 5/6B : Samuel F, Obi O, Sarah D, Amelia C & Fionn L
Year 5/6G: Mia B & Keira M
Dear Family and Friends
The Colour Splash and Dash is being held next Friday 20 September to raise money for new IT equipment. It’s going to be a great afternoon with lots of music, bubbles and colour! Students are welcome to come dressed up for the day – lots of colour and lots of fun!
Thank you to all who have returned their order forms so far. Here are some things to note:
- A sausage sizzle lunch will be held at 12:30pm on the day. Vegetarian options can also be provided. This sausage sizzle can be ordered through the Colour Run Pack order form that your child should have received by now.
- Students only need to order PACK 1- $5 as they will be given sunglasses on the day. Pack 2 - $10 is for additional siblings, family and friends who’d like to participate on the day. Additional sausages can also be ordered for $2.50. All of these packs can be ordered via the paper forms (spare copies are available at the front office), or can be ordered on the QKR app. Please note that if you are using the QKR app and would like to buy additional packages for family, please select any child in your profile to place the order electronically.
- For students and families who wish to stay after 3pm, we will light up the BBQ again and hold a sausage sizzle for parents who may wish to come after work. We will also be selling drinks, treats and spare bags of colour at this time. Bags of colour will be sold for $2.50 should the students wish to party on.
- Prizes will also be awarded for the most money raised, the class who returns their fundraising money first and students will receive a raffle ticket for each $10 raised and go into a draw for other prizes.
We look forward to sharing in this fun day with you all!
The Clothing Pool will be open each Tuesday and Thursday between 2.50pm to 3.15pm by appointment.
The Lost Property box will be emptied weekly and all named items will be returned to students via their class note bags. All items without a name will be washed and donated to the Clothing Pool for repurchasing.
The Lost Property Box is located in the canteen area. Please take some time to go through the box on a weekly basis as the lost property box is continually overflowing.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CHILD/REN'S CLOTHING IS LABELLED WITH THEIR NAME.
Extra Lost Items
There are still a number of expensive personal items that have been handed into the office. eg. glasses, fitbit, phones, usb sticks, jewellery, key rings and purses. If you are missing any items please call in and see Mrs McRae at the Front Office.
Hello parents and friends,
Canteen days are Mondays and Thursdays.
Qkr! is now operating for the canteen and it is a quick and convenient way to order your child's lunch if you have no spare change. If you are using Qkr! please check that you have selected the correct day and date otherwise your child's order will not come through to the school correctly.
Available during recess, available are:
gluten and lactose free savoury muffins $1
pumpkin soup $2
cheese and herb pastry twists 10c
pizza slices 50c
delicious muffins of the day $1
fresh fruit $1 ea (Bananas, Apples and Pears)
whole carrots 50c
jelly and lactose free custard 50c
warm corn cobs 50c
seasonal fruit and custard $1
If your child forgets their morning munch and crunch, please see the front office.
THURSDAY 19th September
9am to 11.30am - Helpers Required - Over counter sales only
11.30am to 2pm - Helpers Required
MONDAY 23rd September
9am to 11.30am - Helpers Required - Over counter sales only
11.30am to 2pm - Helpers Required
If you would like to touch base about volunteering please either drop in or contact me on Cara.Cook@cg.catholic.edu.au.
Yours in tongs,
Cara Cook, Canteen Manager
Weekend Mass Times
Youth Mass 6.00pm
Charismatic Mass 6.00pm (last Sunday of the Month)
Baptisms: 11.00am, 2nd and 4th Sundays of the Month
Fr Dan and St Benedict's are running a Men Alive weekend Oct 12-13, a low key weekend to explore what it means to be a Christian man. Contact Fr Dan at Daniel.Benedetti@cg.org.au or check out the website: www.menalive.org.au
Interested in becoming a Catholic or learning more?
Contact Fr Dan at Daniel.Benedetti@cg.org.au for info about the RCIA program for adults.
Tennis Canberra Holiday Camps @ Old Parliament House Tennis Club
- Camp 1: September 30th, October 1st & 2nd
- Camp 2: October 9th- 11th
- Morning, Half & Full Day options available
Free Trial - Term 3 - Give Tennis A Go!
We invite new players to our sport to a free trial before Term 4. This is a great opportunity for all students to see if tennis is the sport for them. Please e-mail email@example.com to request a free trial and our team will get back to you with the best options.
After-School & Weekend Coaching - Term 4
Run by Tennis Australia professional at a Tennis Canberra Club near you. Our coaches are excited to see many new players hit our courts in the Spring. Learn a sport they can play for life.
Phone: 0416 186 121
PARENT EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING (P.E.T)
Supported by Parentline ACT
Tired of yelling? Looking to find a way to get out the door on time, while still liking each other? Learn respectful communication skills for a peaceful, gentle approach to parenting, without the use of punishment or reward. P.E.T helps children and parents develop resilience, emotional intelligence, confidence and consideration. The course is powerful, proven and practical, and will help you put peace back into your parenting.
The 24 hour course consists of three-hour sessions, once per week, for eight weeks. Booking is essential.
Investment includes a workbook and textbook.
Course begins: Tuesday, 22nd October, 2019 (minimum number of participants required); Time: 6.30 pm to 9.45 pm; Place: Weston, ACT.
Enjoy P.E.T. with Larissa, accredited P.E. T. instructor. firstname.lastname@example.org